If you’ve tried the Grilled Cinnamon-Butter Peach recipe, then we’re sure you’re trying to find any excuse to make more. Well, you’ve got it! Introducing the Grilled Lemon Pound Cake with Grilled Peaches and Cream!
It’s a wordy title for a delicious combination. You already know how to grill up your peaches, so let’s focus on the cake.
- 2 cups of cake flour
- ¼ cup lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Everything you need for Grilled Cinnamon-Butter Peaches
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit
- Throw your cake mix, lemon zest, baking powder and salt into a bowl and whisk well
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar together for 2 minutes or until fluffy
- Continue to beat the mixture as you add eggs one at a time
- Slowly add in the flour mixture from step 2
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spray a Loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Scrape batter onto the pan and bake for 90 minutes or until the cake is golden.
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Unmould the cake and let cool for 3 hours
- Prepare your grilled cinnamon butter peaches but don’t throw them on the grill yet
- Preheat your grill to medium and cut your cake into 10 slices
- Toast each slice, about 2 minutes per side.
- Set your toast aside and grill your peach slices
- Add whip cream and serve